According to Net Marketshare, 72.62% web traffic originated from Google between January 2018 to September 2018. Hence, to ensure the best performance of the website in search results, search engine optimization (SEO) is important.
As search algorithm becomes smarter, SEO strategy must also be changed. Traffic and leads can no longer be generated using the black hat SEO strategies. That said, search engine optimization strategies have gone through tremendous change in the last few years.
To keep up with changing trends, businesses must update their knowledge about SEO strategies. To help you in this journey, we present you some tips related to advanced SEO strategies, which can make your business future ready.
In this blog post, we will discuss the following:
- How does the website’s Page Speed affect ranking?
- Why Mobile optimization is important?
- How does Visual Elements Help in SEO?
- Does Repurposing content improve ranking?
- Link building strategies to improve SEO
- How Long-tail keywords affect SEO?
- How to build SEO friendly Landing page?
- Reasons Behind Broken Links
- Internal Linking for Ranking
- User Generated Content and SEO
How does the website’s Page Speed affect ranking?
Your website’s loading speed should be your priority as it can improve the customer experience. Back in 2010, Google started considering page speed on desktop as a ranking factor. Now, in July 2018, Google started using mobile page speed as a ranking factor in mobile search results. There are few things which can be done to improve the page speed such as:
- Make sure your images are optimized for the web. The optimization can be done via Adobe Photoshop. To do so, simply click “Save for web” instead of “save”. By optimizing the format of the image, it is simply saving it in a sharper and smaller size without lowering the picture quality.
- 301 redirects the browser from one page to another which decreases the speed of the website. To improve speed, reduce 301 redirects.
Why Mobile optimization is important?
In the past few years, mobile usage grew dramatically, as mobile phone and internet plans became cheaper. However many websites are still not designed to be viewed on mobile devices. To optimize your site for mobile devices, site structure and pagespeed are few areas of improvement. Here are some of the way to make your mobile site friendly for users and search engine:
- Responsive web design
- Optimize title and meta description
- Optimize for local searches
- Mobile site configuration
- Separate mobile URL
How does Visual Elements Help in SEO?
With decreasing attention span of people, it has become extremely difficult to engage users with textual content. Also, 65% of people are visual learner which makes it even more important to create more visual content. Different examples of visual content are images, videos, and infographic.
Does Repurposing content improve ranking?
With the increasing demand for content, one of the most common content marketing and writing hacks is content repurposing. The changes can be minor depending on where the content will be used. For instance, an infographic is the best way to repurpose blog posts and articles. Some of the ways to repurpose content and optimize it for search engines are:
- Recover data from major content campaigns.
- Focus on customer segmentation while repurposing content.
- Develop a strategy for old content.
- Collect insight and feedback from current content readers.
- Repurpose content to make it more snackable.
How Long-tail keywords affect SEO?
A clothing brand would want to rank on the keyword “clothes”. However, will your brand ever be able to rank on just one keyword which is dominated by big brands? Similarly, a dog food manufacturer would want to rank on the keyword “dog”, but may invite search traffic containing people who are interested in general information on dogs.
To avoid competition and bring relevant traffic, using long-tail keywords is an ideal solution. For instance, your business may benefit if a person searches “best dog food manufacturer in Chicago” than “dog”. Here are two additional tips:
- Use unique long tail keywords on each web-page
- Avoid click-bait
How to build SEO friendly Landing page?
Getting maximum out of a campaign is not easy. Other than designing landing pages, optimizing keywords can help improve the rank in search results. This compliments the organic reach of the campaign. While developing a keyword optimized landing page, there are few points to keep in mind:
- Determine your keywords: Start by making a list of keywords which someone might use on search engine. Combine these with other words making it a long-term keyword.
- Strategically include the keywords in your content: If you want your web page to appear at better position on SERPs then you should optimize Title tag, Meta description, Headers tag, and Image file name.
Internal Linking for Ranking
When a web page has internal links, the search engine crawler visits the “do follow” links and also ranks them on SERPs. The most important thing to consider is whether the anchor text is linked correctly and the link which has been put is relevant to the information on the webpage. Here are few additional tips:
- Internal linking should be relevant and useful for the website visitor
- Two pages should not have same anchor text
- Limit the use of “No-follow” for user-generated content (UGC) or external website
User Generated Content and SEO
When a website visitor leaves a review or you upload a client testimonial, make sure you have SEO metrics in your mind. Like if you are uploading a video review from a customer or a client, make sure you write a descriptive title with relevant keywords, add it in the right category, and use appropriate tags. This will help your content to rank on google.
Every year, Google updates the search algorithm, making it smarter and efficient. To keep up with the changes, you should know how to rank your website in a better and efficient way. Different Search engine optimization can help businesses stay on right track and make their website ready for the future.
as possible. Despite our continuing efforts, we cannot guarantee that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We advise - the readers should not take decisions completely based on the information and views shared by FATbit on its blog, readers should do their own research to further assure themselves before taking any commercial decision. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.Expand