As internet marketing has become one of the most pivotal ways of promoting a brand online, social media optimization indeed looks like a wise walk. Strategically using the social media sites for improving your brand name on the cyber space, and drive traffic to your website is largely coined as Social media optimization. If you haven’t felt the need to integrate it to your online marketing processes, it’s time you must. The web business is beyond just selling these days; it is also about relationship building.
Let’s look at some of the social media stats to create more conviction around:
- Social media is a great catalyst in almost engaging customers which is expected to rise from 16% to a whopping 57% within a span of 5 years. (Marketing Pilgrim)
- 30% of the world’s entire population uses the web and social networking is the most widely used. According to stats provided by Mind Jumpers, there are about 250 million tweets and 800 million Facebook status updates published every day.
- 90% of the marketers use social networks in their marketing efforts. The growth has escalated and is expected to plateau even further.
- 62% of Fortune 500 companies have an active Twitter account. And almost 58% maintain a corporate Facebook page.
- 23% of the Fortune 500 companies maintain an active blog.
Social media opens up new channels to drive impressive traffic, SEO is not everything. Web has evolved exorbitantly and social media seems to be ruling the roost as of now. The growing niche incited digital marketers who experienced being at the intersection of SEO to consider SMO and branch out new avenues of branding. The thumb rule behind Social media optimization is simple; optimize the site for better linking, higher visibility, and enhanced positioning.
Some of the great tips for even a greater SMO plan are:
- Improve your linkability
- Make tagging and bookmarking simple
- Reward inbound links
- Help your content travel
- Encourage mash up
- Become a user resource
- Reward valuable and helpful users
- Understand the target audience you are here to deal with
- Create authentic content and be real
- Develop an SMO strategy and select the strategies wisely
- Make SMO practices part of your business methodologies
Take your business to another level using social media marketing
Here are some timeless SMO practices that marketers need to try their hands upon:
- Creating content that is shareable. The more unique your content, the more people will want to share it. Valuable contents are always shared through all the hallways of social networks widely.
- Make sharing easy and make ways for people to share your content. Embed a video, send a tweet, or create a hashtag to incite a conversation.
- Rewarding very engagement is primarily significant. Whether it is reciprocating on comments, discussions, postings or contents, it is highly pivotal to reward user engagement.
- Stay proactive with sharing your content. Whether it is creating slides or posting them on Slideshare or have documents to share on Scribd, or even using RSS feeds, sharing content is utmost. Creating profiles on video sharing sites could also be highly beneficial.
If you are in need of social media optimization services, contact FATbit Technologies today!
Disclaimer: The Blog has been created with consideration and care. We strive to ensure that all information is as complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date as possible. Despite our continuing efforts, we cannot guarantee that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We advise - the readers should not take decisions completely based on the information and views shared by FATbit on its blog, readers should do their own research to further assure themselves before taking any commercial decision. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.