When you are quite fervent about your website looking great and doing grand online, you cannot overlook one of the most important aspects; website usability. In order to give your customers the best, you must enhance the quality of the experience of your visitors while they interact on your website, software application or mobile website. Why? It’s simple, if they find it difficult to operate, people shall leave. Your point of survival is largely based on how user friendly is your website. It’s often observed if your conversion rate metric is low; the usability of the website is usually at fault. In order to make more sales and bring in queries, it is vital to understand your audience and what the user actually wants.
Let’s find out the various characteristics that comprise website usability:
- Clear, rapid and easy to navigate and understand
- Efficient to use
- Easy to remember
- Usable features must entail a good sitemap, usable menu, and a description of how to use the website
- The appearance should be attractive of a highly effective website
- The site should be embedded with essential substance and content that is useful for the customer
- Minimal scroll
- The layout must be consistent
- Logical navigation
- Cross platform and browser compatibility
- The website should work great in most of the screen resolutions
- Long, descriptive link texts are mostly favoured by search engines
In order to achieve such cutting edge usability in your website, there are certain essential guidelines to follow while creating your site and working upon functionalities. Radically speaking, how to make your website as usable as possible?
Here are the top tips:
- A blog style design for your website if you are planning to post often to your site. If you are not, try having a more static and feature focused design.
- Place the logo on the top left and menu to the right or below. The logo must be made clickable and capable to take the user to the home page when needed.
- Scanning your web pages should be made rapid. The users should be able to scan them quickly. Also, ensure the hyperlink text is user friendly.
- The search bar should be preferred to be kept on the upper left or right.
- The contact info or form must be easy to search. Menu items should be as few as possible.
- The website should be organized well; the information should be placed in a way that creates maximum sense to the users.
- Try and make your website ‘window shopper’ friendly. Make the price tags visible at the forefront so that the customer doesn’t have to hover from one page to another for finding the pricing.
- Say no to splash pages. It is nasty to surprise users with full page ads when they are awaiting your website.
- Clear permalinks are essential and should be crisp and short.
- Having your domain is again crucial for making your users believe that you are professional and legitimate. It also reassures them that they are on the right page.
- Link colours should be noticeable.
If you are a business planning to get your website made, make sure your hired firm attends to usability element. Best web design company will be able to marry the usability factor with your needs and requirements without any effort. The result will be a website platform that will be easy to navigate, intuitive and feature-rich.
In case you have a website but the usability element is absent, then, redesign can be the best possible option. Just make sure you partner with the best and the web turf will be yours to dominate.