The most Majestic Fonts for CSS
CSS as also affectionately known as ‘cascading style sheets’ was coined in 1997 and enables web designers and developers decide the look and appeal of their website. Style sheets are most importantly used for document design and web style sheet is developed to cascade through a series of style sheets. Over the years, CSS has brought many possibilities in the typography avenue and the web. It’s just all about exploring them and experimenting with the most capable. CSS designs represent more powerful manner of laying websites. Typography is imperative to any design in order to communicate designer’s idea. Fonts need to be carefully chosen and to support the overall design.
Here are some CSS benefits that make it more preferable for designs:
- Saves you time for large scale web designs
- You can have better management over the layout of your site pages
- There is a possibility to determine how big a font should be, where should the element be on the page, how will the page look like when printed.
- Since there are less codes in CSS, downloading is faster.
- Ease of maintenance enable you to make edit in only one place while changing the style of an element
- CSS has much wider gamut of attributes as compared to HTML
There are usually two types of font families namely generic family like ‘Serif’ and ‘Monospace’ and font family like Times New Roman and Arial.
Fonts are an integral part of CSS designs and taking care of their usage and functionality while considering appropriateness is significant. Here are some of the greatly popular fonts that go unnoticed by designers while creating web pages, but are very, indeed very important and stark:
- Palatino WINDOWS 97.09% / MAC 78.86%– It is a pleasant Serif that is compatible and found on most of the Mac and Window based machines. Instead of Georgia and Times, Palatino could be used for some great attractive headlines.
- Tahoma WINDOWS 96.09% / MAC 72.02%– One of the most favourite fonts that should be used with CSS is Tahoma. If your machine doesn’t support it, well there’s always Aerial or Helvetica that you can alternately use.
- Impact WINDOWS 95.85% / MAC 88.08%– Mostly overused in non web pertaining designs, Impact must be used for some impactful headlines in a lot of places while designing web pages, of course designer discretion is necessary. It is also considered to be a by default ‘cooler’ font that has plenty of places to fit in.
- Century Gothic WINDOWS 85.44% / MAC 42.50%- Times when this font was overused by graphic designers has been locked and shunned away. But, it is time to take a rebound and get it back from its chest tool. Most of the machines support it, and it makes up for some really attractive and crucial design element.
- Arial Narrow WINDOWS 87.08% / MAC 91.01%- Oh no, we can never get enough of Aerial and related fonts. For elegant, classy and subtle headlines, this font is a forever favourite among designers.
A couple of miscellaneous fonts for CSS style sheets are:
Aerial, Helvetica, sans –serif
Courier New, Courier, Monoscape
Times New Roman, Times, serif
Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif
Verdana, Aerial, Helvetica, san-serif
Geneva, Aerial, Helvetica, sans – serif
Fonts are widely being used to determine the personality of the website. They help in highlighting crucial points, inspire awe by being part of bold typography usage and serve various other purposes. That said, deft use of fonts requires experience and out-of-the-box thinking. Deciding on a font can be quite demanding if you want it to achieve more than just text representation, states a celebrated website design company India.
So, if you have missed out on these fonts, it’s never too late to start considering them to enhance the appeal of your website.
Disclaimer: The Blog has been created with consideration and care. We strive to ensure that all information is as complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date as possible. Despite our continuing efforts, we cannot guarantee that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We advise - the readers should not take decisions completely based on the information and views shared by FATbit on its blog, readers should do their own research to further assure themselves before taking any commercial decision. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.
- 101 Actionable Best Tips: How To Make Your Website Sell
- Top Web Design Companies in India For Design & Development Outsourcing
- Cost of Hiring a Web Designer from a Professional Agency
- HouseCall Decoded- Business Model, Website Features and Mobile App
- Features List to Launch Best Clone of Restaurant Review System
- All Web Design & Development Outsourcing Queries Answered in One Post!