There has been an explosion in the mobile technology off late and with the entrance of high tech mobile devices in the market, mobile websites have also started a revolution of their own. Various businesses are driven by effective mobile strategies now and a lot goes into building milestone mobile versions of websites. Such websites are not only expected to be more user-centric but also to complement the regular website.
If the website is not mobile friendly, there are fair chances of higher bounce rates on smaller devices. In order to leverage and capitalize on the massive potential of mobile websites, here are some of the master considerations you must take care of:
- Determine whether you require a mobile website or a responsive or fluid site. More often than not, having both versions is better than letting go a large scope of traffic. However, responsive web designs are always in demand. Forward thinking and advanced versions of HTML, CSS, and web fonts play important role in deciding successful mobile websites.
- An easily navigable mobile website is ultra significant to make the most of potential customers and build great user base.
- Make sure the resolution you use on the mobile website is compatible with the device. And it also needs to be compatible with variety of screen resolutions. A mobile web design company is familiar with such small yet crucial details and that is why it never runs out of design work.
- One of the most significant considerations is to keep your mobile website as simple as possible. Keep your file size and the load time down for effective functioning. With modern versions of CSS, great visual elements like gradients, drop shadows, and rounded corners could be created.
- Make the contact info easily accessible on the site; links on the site should be big and easy to click, and also integrate texts & background colours with good contrast to stand out.
- Single column structure works best to help scale between different device resolutions. This also helps in managing the limited space on smaller screen.
- Ensure that the design is optimized for utmost performance. It is very critical to understand the areas of potential performance degradation, and design strategies that can help user cope up even at time of a slowdown.
- The website also needs to be highly interactive to acquire more visits and business prospects.
- A cross device content strategy can be chosen for consistent and cost effective content solution.
Mobile websites require special expertise and knowhow. Thus, it pays to partner with a firm that knows mobile designs along with being the ‘best website design company‘.
Mobile optimized websites can reap greater revenues, sales and repeat customers. It could sound cliché, but it still stands true that you get mere 10 seconds to make an impact on your visitors.
Having mobile websites is one of the most significant marketing strategies these days. If you don’t have one at place with a smart mobile platform, then, you may lose to the competition in the long run.