Landing Pages For Better Conversions & Business
Websites cannot achieve greatness without awesome and fully optimized landing pages; it’s like… umm… fishing without hook. If you have been active on web for quite some time, you wouldn’t deny that getting rankings is just half the battle; lead generation and conversions is the priority.
Is the RFQ form on your website catching dust since there are hardly any clicks when a visitor is around? Yes, we are talking about the lead capture page that shouldn’t go unnoticed at all if you wish to improve your conversions and leads. It is one of the main website elements that are intended to guide a visitor towards conversion. Landing pages should be on top of your mind; if it’s not, the potency of facilitating conversions could be at risk.
Skipping landing pages is not a flaw, it’s simply foolish!
Here are some advanced stats rendered by Marketing Sherpa to understand why landing pages are critical for a website to make great leads and sales:
- 68% of the online businesses prefer using landing pages for their sales leads and conversions.
- 44% of the clicks are directed toward home page, not a landing page. BAD! They must be directed towards landing pages.
- Companies that create more than 30 landing pages make 7x more business and create more sales. 48% of the landing pages contain multiple offers that could be distracting. Let them focus and evaluate your proposition rather than stack them in some random offers.
- Only about 52% of the online businesses that use landing pages also make an attempt to test them to find ways to enhance conversions.
- Companies with 40+ landing pages are expected to receive 12 times more leads than those with 5 or less than that.
There are essentially two types of landing pages:
- Click through landing pages – Largely used in ecommerce space, it’s basically intended to persuade the visitor click through to another page.
- Lead generation landing pages – It is chiefly to grab user data like name and email address. This enables you to follow up with your customers at an appropriate time. A website can have several types of lead generation landing page such as webinar registration, main RFQ form, professional services consultation, discount vouchers, contest entry, free trials, notification of future product launches and the like.
Now, let’s look at some of the best known tips to designing highly effective landing pages:
- Having a clear and focused call to action is imperative. Landing pages should be designed with an objective to positively influence the customer.
- Simplify your design and lessen the texts.
- Judiciously use of images is pivotal.
- Reflecting brand validation is important.
- An attractive landing page headline is indispensable for great conversions.
- Facebook & Twitter buttons let users share your landing pages.
- Make sure lead capture or conversion forms are well planned and executed since they are coveted components.
- Ensure that keywords are used in the page title, headers and texts.
- Initiate the culture to test and tweak once your landing page is ready to be live.
Getting landing pages right is more of a scientific thing than a creative one. Let’s take example of an RFQ form. Forms that ask for too much personal information or are laden with compulsory fields usually make visitors uncomfortable. Landing pages should be designed in such a way that visitor’s attention is focused on important elements only.
It is only to get landing pages right that businesses partner with seasoned web firms. A website design company has team of information architects who know exactly how to structure and label a website to make it high on usability & intuitiveness.
So, get landing pages right to see better conversions & business growth.
Disclaimer: The Blog has been created with consideration and care. We strive to ensure that all information is as complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date as possible. Despite our continuing efforts, we cannot guarantee that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We advise - the readers should not take decisions completely based on the information and views shared by FATbit on its blog, readers should do their own research to further assure themselves before taking any commercial decision. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.
- 101 Actionable Best Tips: How To Make Your Website Sell
- How to Generate Traffic: Free and Paid Online Promotion Mediums
- 7 Proven Ways to Improve Conversion and Visitor Engagement – [Infographic]
- How to build user friendly mobile website? 10 Super Tips from experts
- Sorry Google Analytics but CrazyEgg and ClickTale are better!
- Increase Online Sales via Conversion Funnel Optimization