Ecommerce Business – SEO Strategies you Cannot do Without
Ecommerce has made its swift way into the webscape and since 1994; it has made its huge impact on online shoppers. Brick and mortar began introducing their products online and people find it extremely comforting to shop through internet. Ecommerce websites are being made with much dexterity and integrated with intuitiveness and cutting edge technologies. It is fast taking giant steps and making revolutionary changes to the world of online shopping. Ecommerce has metamorphosed traditional shopping beyond recognition and managed to become the buzzword lately. If rightly designed, an Ecommerce website can create impressive sales and prove to be valuable in terms of conversions as well. But, it’s not only about having a site, even if it is an Ecommerce site, make sure it is acknowledged well in the eyes of Google.
Ecommerce reflects a stark innovation and has brought much adventure into the lives of online community.
However, having said all this, it is also important to notify that without optimization, Ecommerce website wouldn’t be capable of making waves the way they are on the spurt. In order to build reliability factors and make clients trust your products, and of course to enhance rankings, you must understand the importance of integrating SEO to it. It could be a daunting task since no one would really appreciate link out to product pages, and most ecommerce websites have lots of pages that require optimization to serve as landing pages.
Hence here are some of the SEO strategies for all webmasters while they design such websites:
- Optimizing the right landing pages is important.
- Internal linking is one of the most important SEO practices.
- Educate your market and create more awareness of your product.
- Include recent blog posts and social networking updates.
- Integrate user generated reviews on product pages and further improve conversions.
- Optimize the product description and images. And use user friendly permalinks or URL.
- The cornerstone of any E commerce website is to produce linkable pages.
- E Book distribution is another effective off site optimization. Press releases and news submission are one of the most important tools in optimizing your website.
- Submit your products to Google Product search and optimize them.
- Social media integration is a power packed way to make your services known to the visitors.
- Develop a map for constant link search to maintain suitable linking targets.
- Build quality links and leverage site’s domain authority, Pagerank and trust. This can enhance the product pages rankings on SERPs.
- Monitoring your brand is another very important practice through Google alerts and to acquire more quality links.
- Guest blogging is again significant in maintaining an optimization regime.
- Promote video product reviews on sites like YouTube, Vimeo and Metacafe that can ameliorate product pages’ rankings and generate organic traffic.
- Mention and highlight your most popular products through sidebar widget.
- Fix URL canonicalization of the site, wherein the site should only direct to one preferred URL version, since this can incite duplicates within your site if both versions are showing up when checked up.
For an ecommerce platform, SEO can be the difference maker as it can bring website to the initial pages of search engines and attract more visitors. While no one would disagree with the benefits that SEO can bring, some become uncertain after looking at the money charged for SEO services. Thankfully, there are firms that offer affordable SEO packages to businesses so that they can tap the power of search engines.
Besides considering above mentioned SEO strategies, also make sure you hire a seasoned money-saving SEO firm to handle your project.
Disclaimer: The Blog has been created with consideration and care. We strive to ensure that all information is as complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date as possible. Despite our continuing efforts, we cannot guarantee that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We advise - the readers should not take decisions completely based on the information and views shared by FATbit on its blog, readers should do their own research to further assure themselves before taking any commercial decision. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.
- How to Generate Traffic: Free and Paid Online Promotion Mediums
- Keller’s Brand Equity Pyramid Perfected by Young Online Businesses
- How to Improve Ecommerce Website Ranking on Google? [SEO Case Study]
- Bring Down Negative Reviews – Defend your Online Reputation
- 6 Crucial ON-Page SEO Tags to Rank High on Google in 2015
- Learn Targeted Traffic Hacking to Acquire More Customers at a Low Cost